Saturday, July 4, 2009

So, I made it to Rome today.  It is crazy hot!  I just want to sit in my hotel room and enjoy the not so common a/c.  I will never take a/c for granted ever again! (or showers, comfy beds, rooms that don't smell like an animal cage, etc.)  The night train to Rome wasn't too  bad.  Well, actually I had to take the night train to Venice THEN to Rome because the one going directly to Rome was full, but I still made it here.  I had all day to spend in Paris so I made it out to the Dali Museum.  WOW....just WOW!  I enjoyed Dali's more famous works, but this collection really blew me away!  There were a handful of his sculptures, but most impressive to me was their collection of his watercolors/pen and ink  and prints.  I really like this collection WAY more than any of his other more famous pieces.  I have no clue how THESE didn't make him famous, but his paintings did.  They were very similar to the drawings of Ralph Steadman.  I'm curious if Steadman drew inspiration from these then?  I wanted a book of the collection, but the only things they had in the shop were of his more famous paintings.  Not even one postcard had any of these on them.  :o(  Maybe I'll be able to find them online.  I wish I had the ability to draw so freely and eerie, but beautiful at the same.  I guess Ill have to stick to my own style because I'm all set with taking a few dozen hits of acid and painting.  The night train wasn't too bad, as I mentioned...all I did was sleep and write so not too much to talk about there.  I'm off to roam Rome. (har har har)  :o)  Hope you all have a good 4th of July!  Light some sparklers for me!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment