Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm about to take off to catch a train so I can either check out the Wicklow Mountains or Killarney National Park.  Whichever train leaves first is the one I'm taking.  There must some unwritten rule that any hostel in Dublin must be absolute crap.  Compared to the first one I stayed in this place is much better, but I've stayed in so much nicer.  I actually wasn't even supposed to stay in the place I was arranged to stay at this time.  I got to the place I actually booked last night and there a big sign in the window saying that they've had to close unexpectedly for a few days.  I see someone inside so I buzz the doorbell, but as soon as he sees me he ducks into another room.  What a TOOL!  I was pissed!  Then I notice there's a bunch of papers on the windows telling us where we've been reassigned.   Luckily it stays light out until about 11 here so I still had a fair amount of daylight on my hike ACROSS TOWN to get to my new place.   I couldn't believe that place!  I'm glad they rebooked me somewhere else, but you'd think they could have at least called or e-mailed to let me know they'd be closed!  The site I booked all my hostels at requests that you leave reviews about all the places you have stayed.  I can't wait!  This one and the place in Brugge are going to get reamed.  It may not phase any of them, but it will make me feel a little better to tear them a new one while warning others about their disgustingness/unprofessionalism.  Well I'm determined to go hiking, so I'm getting out of here.  I meant to in Austria, but I should have gone to Innsbruck instead of Vienna to do that.  Oops, now I know.  Vienna was still nice though.  I'll write more when I get back tonight.  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment