Sunday, July 12, 2009

I STILL didn't get to go hiking today :o( !  I made it all the way out to Killarney, but since it was Sunday there were only a few busses running to bring me up to the trails.  If I would have caught the later one I wouldn't have been able to make it back in time to catch the train back to Dublin tonight.  And it was raining on and off most of the time I was out there.  It wouldn't have been too much fun to hike in the rain, or at least not in what I was wearing.  :o(  I REALLY wanted to go too!  I couldn't go in Switzerland (well, I skipped Switzerland all together..too much $$), I couldn't go in Austria because I went to the wrong city and I couldn't go in Ireland because it was Sunday.  Grrrrrrr.  I guess the next time I make it out here I will be doing a hiking tour.  I've had my fill of museums for a while, so next time I'll get to do all my outdoorsy stuff.  At least the ride out to Killarney was pretty.  So many different shades of green.  I haven't seen much countryside that I haven't enjoyed, now that I think of it.  France, Italy, Germany and Austria were all beautiful.  I've bet they've all got nice trails of some sort.  Hiking trip it is.  Next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment